Wonder Managing Director | D'Ieteren Auto | Brussels
Managing Director – Job description
In an automotive landscape that is continuously changing driven by technological improvements and changes in customer needs and behaviours towards cars, D’Ieteren Auto is continuously redefining its role.
Our aim is to develop a holistic ecosystem of solutions that will improve the social life of our citizens with fluid, comfortable and accessible mobility solutions.
Our recent studies have shown that our current offering does not meet the needs of a large category of clients, the “value for money” clients which are looking for a reliable used car or service at a fair price.
By launching the Wonder ecosystem, we ambition to become the main entry point for all brands and all types of services (bodyshop and maintenance) with a “value for money” type of offering. Wonder will be the entity overarching our multi-brand aftersales and used cars businesses:
- WonderCar: Multi-brand carrosserie network
- WonderService: Mutli-brand second-tier aftersales network
- WonderAuto: Trading of used cars at European level with the ambition to source qualitative used cars for our MyWay network (and potentially launch a multi-brand used cars network)
The objective of Wonder is to capture new clients and improve the overall experience we deliver to our customers through a more complete and holistic value proposition.
The Wonder initiatives will be launched in partnership with our existing network, they will complement each other and allow to create new revenue sources and capture synergies with existing activities.
Managing Director summary
We’re looking for a Managing Director (MD) for Wonder with a passion for creating new businesses and a great understanding of the changing automotive dealership landscape. You will be responsible for defining the strategy of our Wonder businesses, building the teams and organizations responsible for implementing them and overseeing their overall performance.
As MD for Wonder, you will help us define our strategy in the aftersales and used cars markets. We expect you to be involved in defining our market positioning, business model and organizational set-up, connecting with external partners, and help us start up and scale our operations to become a market leader in these new fields.
You will work in close collaboration with other business units (Aftersales (CBD), Logistics, Retail, Customer experience and marketing, etc.) to maximize synergies and provide a holistic (one-firm) customer experience.
Managing Director responsibilities
- Define and execute D’Ieteren Auto’s strategy in the used cars and aftersales markets
- Define the go-to-market for our new services including the collaboration model with our retail network (LMAs)
- Manage all internal stakeholders (Management Committee, Import business, Logistics business, Retail business etc.) and external stakeholders (customers, dealers, suppliers, OEM’s etc.)
- Connect with business partners and identify important commercial opportunities
- Manage our inorganic growth strategy by identifying, evaluating and connecting with potential acquisition targets
- Adopt a hands-on and proactive approach to support your management team in adopting best practices and developing a future-proof and profitable business
- Support and coach your management team in their day-to-day tasks
- Act as a face and representative of the new business internally within the management committee and externally towards the wider public
- Oversee the preparation of the reporting to the Board
- Oversee the financial performance and strategic investments
- Build up a local team in the different businesses under your leadership (used cars, carrosserie and after-sales)
Managing Director skills
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in leading a team of local professionals
- Previous working experience as CEO/Managing Director is a plus
- Experience in management / strategy consulting is a plus
- Master’s degree in management, civil engineering or related fields
- Experience in stakeholder management and ability to maneuver corporate environments
- A data-driven nature and ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Great communicator with the ability to motivate and steer commercial teams
- Assertive negotiation and strong leadership skills
- Hands on experience in developing strategic & business plans
- Excellent verbal and written conversation in English, French and Dutch
- Experience in automotive dealership, used cars and/or after-sales is a plus
- A leadership role in a new business unit
- The ability to contribute to defining our future strategy and execute the plan
- A competitive package
- A result-based but very fun company culture
- A perfect working environment with a highly driven team
- A flexible & collaborative environment