Strategic Project Manager | Volkswagen D'Ieteren Finance | Leuven 1
Volkswagen D’Ieteren Finance (VDFin) is the undisputed market leader in the field of financial products and services for vehicles of the D’Ieteren group in Belgium: 37 years of experience, over 128.000 vehicles in fleet and a perfect synergy with the dealers of well-known brands like Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Yamaha and MAN. Our goal is to guarantee the mobility of our citizens by offering flexible solutions, qualitative services and thoughtful recommendations.
VDFin’s entrepreneurial spirit and innovative ambitions make it the model of diversity and evolution within the fast changing automotive landscape. We constantly search for and create added value for our customers, dealers, brands, suppliers and shareholders.
To support our ambitions of being a market-leading MaaS, vehicle funder and fleet management company, VDFin is looking for a new way of leading its Strategic Projects. The Strategic Project Manager will demonstrate the right attitudes, the reliable skills and will be eager to deliver measurable impacts.
- You are a dynamic person who wants to boost his/her career with and outspoken challenging position with impact
- You have a business-oriented positive mindset, are open-minded, ready to challenge the status quo, and a real team player
- You have a proven track record of leading Projects and you have a strong capability of integrating theoretical models
- You have the ability to work with and communicate at all levels within an organization, developing excellent stakeholder relationships
- You understand and are able to develop business cases and demonstrate robust consideration for all key business drivers (Very good knowledge of Excel)
- You can make to the point and clear presentations that are impactful (mastering PowerPoint and communication)
- A successful experience as consultant in a Big-4, strategy consulting firm or similar is considered as a strong asset.
- Basic knowledge of automotive and/or financial services markets is a plus
- You are fluent (spoken and written) in English, French and Dutch
- Our ‘DRIVE’ values (Delight your customer – Be Reliable – Inspire and be inspired – Value cooperation – Enjoy the future) find an echo in your daily way of working and collaborating.
Goal of the function
The Strategic Project Manager (SPM) is part of the Business Transformation Office and is responsible for the delivery of multiple impactful projects initiated to deliver major improvements in a variety of business areas.
The SPM is the lead role in driving positive changes throughout VDFin and is accountable for projects delivery, securing sustainable business benefits and sharing best practices throughout the business. The SPM sets the appropriate governance and culture on projects in order to create a clear and ambitious cadence. He/She is responsible for growing the skills of the project team members in delivering robust, sustainable and customer centric solutions while ensuring the desired Projects outcomes are measurable and profitable.
VDFin is less concerned about the methodology (Agile, Prince II, Six Sigma etc) but is very excited about the results effective Project Management can deliver.
- Translate strategic expectations to realistic projects and bring together the relevant stakeholders throughout the group
- Hands-on leader owning, shaping and delivering strategic projects across the business (for example ‘digitalization’ or ‘multi brand’)
- Ensure a highly robust VDFin Projects Governance structure and create consistency of approach across VDFin Projects
- Identify core processes for improvement and the measures/KPIs you will use to manage them, recognise projects opportunities and ways to fasten the transformation to reach our vision, and present those through the right set of tools (Process flow charts, Project charters, Business Cases, etc.)
- Lead SteerCo with clear and impactful presentations which enables stakeholders to make the right decisions
- Supervise and be a mentor/coach for the project team
- Positively engage with VDFin Management, setting the pace and direction of successful Projects Delivery
In case of any questions, you can always contact Maarten Wastiau, HRBP.
By sharing this job opening with people in your network you can gain a bonus of 1000 EUR via Automotivated.