International Key Account Manager | MyWayPro | Zaventem
In an automotive landscape that is continuously changing driven by technological improvements and changes in customer needs and behaviours towards cars, D’Ieteren Auto is continuously redefining its role.
Our aim is to develop a holistic ecosystem of solutions that will improve the social life of our citizens with fluid, comfortable and accessible mobility solutions.
International Key Account Manager function summary
We are looking for experienced key account managers, with a passion for the automotive industry and an excellent understanding of the Belgian and European used car market.
As key account manager, you will be responsible for the commercialization of our services and vehicles towards a variety of clients (automotive dealers and retailers), both in Belgium and abroad. You will act as the face of the company towards our clients both for hunting and farming activities.
Essentially, you will be responsible for understanding demand trends, building trust-based relationship with clients, identifying attractive sales opportunities and negotiating best prices for and with our sales channels. You will liaise on a regular basis with our fleet purchasers and market analysts, as well as use your analytical skills and market knowledge to understand the latest trends in demand of used cars in different European markets.
Your work will involve analyzing market data, commercializing our services and online sales platform, and closing deals online or over the phone. In addition, you will be responsible for client prospection to help MyWay Pro develop a network of European clients. Your work might involve international travel from time to time to attend auctions or connect with our partners.
- Promote and commercialize our online sales platform towards new clients
- Analyze market data to identify sales opportunities and demand trends across regions
- Spot attractive market opportunities, negotiate prices and take swift sales decisions
- Assess market prices for the vehicles traded to maintain a balance between the margins earned on each car and stock rotation
- Oversee and be accountable for the financial performance of the deals you closed
- Regularly connect with our market analysts and distribution managers to continuously remain up-to-date with the latest market evolutions
- Act as the face of the company towards clients and develop trusted relationships
- Coach more junior colleagues to succeed in their job
Skills and competences
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the automotive industry
- Previous working experience in the sales of used cars
- Deep knowledge of the automotive industry, key market players and trends
- Hands-on experience with Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda and Seat models and specifications is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and take important decisions autonomously
- High attention to details in screening the market for attractive opportunities
- Assertive communicator and negotiator
- Organized and structured in your ways of working
- Data-driven, able to master financial data
- Ready to commit part of your revenues to your trading performance
- Fluent in English - Dutch, French and German are a plus
- A role with an important degree of responsibility and autonomy
- A dedicated role in a brand new business unit with a start-up mentality
- A competitive remuneration package, with a significant variable upside potential dependent on your trading performance
- A result-based but very fun company culture
- A perfect working environment with a highly driven and motivated team
- A flexible & collaborative environment
About D’Ieteren - MyWayPro
D’Ieteren Auto is the leading Belgian importer and distributor of cars from Volkswagen group’s brands. Although clear market leader in our core market, we are continuously exploring new ways to grow and create value. Our recent studies have shown that our current offering does not meet the needs of a large category of clients, the “value for money” clients which are looking for a reliable used car at a fair price.
With the ambition to conquer our fair share in the used car market, we are developing MyWayPro, a new dedicated team responsible for used cars in Belgium and internationally. The objective of MyWayPro is to provide quality sourcing of used cars to our existing distribution channels.
To achieve this objective, we count on our dedicated team of Key Account Managers and International Fleet Purchasers to identify attractive sourcing opportunities internationally, leverage our scale & negotiating power and commercialise cars in bulk to create value for our distribution partners.
Our International Key Account Managers are supported by leading data-driven intelligence system and market analysts in order to take the best sales decisions. Our trading team works in close collaboration with D’Ieteren distribution channels (official dealership network, MyWay and Lizy), who act as a reliable eye in the market, providing us valuable information on trends and changes in customer preferences.