Financial Reporting & Consolidation Analyst | D'Ieteren Automotive | Brussels
D’Ieteren belongs to D’Ieteren Group, a family-controlled investment company, listed on Euronext Brussels (member of Bel 20 index) and owning 5 activities articulated around strong brands, i.e. Belron, D’Ieteren, Moleskine, D’Ieteren Immo and TVH.
D’Ieteren is the largest independent importer of Volkswagen brands in Belgium and has a history of 70 years of partnership with the brand.
With around 1.2 million vehicles on the road, D’Ieteren is the 1st importer and retailer of vehicles in Belgium and owns the largest car park, which represents a leading market share of 23,4% in 2021.
D’Ieteren manages a strong network of independent dealers across Belgium and operates dealerships on the Brussels-Mechelen-Antwerp axis. To complete its offering, the company sells used vehicles (My Way and Audi Approved+) and provides maintenance, financing and leasing services through VDFin, a joint venture with Volkswagen Financial Services.
D’Ieteren has been a major player in mobility for the last 200 years. This historical legitimacy positions D’Ieteren as a privileged player in tomorrow’s mobility solutions. Thus, D’Ieteren is going through a strategic transformation evolving beyond a retailer/importer towards a broader provider of mobility solutions. Committed to mobilizing the future, D’Ieteren is continuing to develop a wider catalogue of products and services linked to mobility, going far beyond marketing and selling vehicles.
D’Ieteren’s vision is to ‘Improve the lives of citizens through fluid, accessible and sustainable mobility’. The transition from selling vehicles to offering mobility solutions requires a significant shift in mindset and a relentless focus on customer experience and satisfaction.
D’Ieteren employs about 2.000 people. In 2021, D’Ieteren posted a turnover of €3.2 billion and the adjusted operating result reached €102.7 million for around 50 entities to be consolidated.
For its headquarter in Brussels, D’Ieteren is now looking for a Financial Reporting & Consolidation Analyst
The financial & consolidation analyst will take a key role in the consolidation process. He will also be involved in a wide variety of financial analysis and projects.
Working in close collaboration with the financial planning and with a high exposure to the top management, the role is at the heart of the financial decision-making.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented young professional to join a fast-evolving Belgian company with concrete career opportunities.
- Take an active role in the consolidation process (equity reconciliation, ICO eliminations, bundles consistency checks, IFRS specific calculations,…)
- Perform variances and financial analysis, both for consolidated and business unit figures (p&L, balance sheet and cash flow)
- Preparation of monthly and half-year financial package for the executive committee and for the Corporate Management.
- Liaise with accounting and tax departments, as well as internal and external auditors.
- Preparation of consolidated figures for budget, forecast & long-term planning processes in close collaboration with the financial planning department (mainly for cash flows and balance sheet projections)
- Support the integration of newly acquired companies through Business combinations and Price Purchase Allocations (PPA).
- Take the ownership of finance transformation projects (digitalization, automatization,…)
- Support the management in ad hoc projects and analyses
- Master in Business Engineering, Applied Economics or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Audit, Consolidation or Controlling
- Fluent in French and/or Dutch, with a good knowledge of the second language, and English
- Experience with financial consolidation
- Knowledge of Belgian accounting & affinity for IFRS problematics
- Eager to learn
- Innovative and open to changes
- Good eye for details
- Affinity with IT system : Office, SAP, Sigma Conso
- Team player, ability to work with decentralized teams in a supportive way
- Passionate about figures, curious, organized, rigorous, ready to roll up her/his sleeves, hands-on with a can-do attitude