Expert Trader | D'Ieteren Auto | Brussels
USED CAR EXPERT TRADER
In an automotive landscape that is continuously changing driven by technological improvements and changes in customer needs and behaviours towards cars, D’Ieteren Auto is continuously redefining its role.
Our aim is to develop a holistic ecosystem of solutions that will improve the social life of our citizens with fluid, comfortable and accessible mobility solutions.
About D’Ieteren Auto trading team
D’Ieteren Auto is the leading Belgian importer and distributor of cars from Volkswagen group’s brands. Although clear market leader in our core market, we are continuously exploring new ways to grow and create value.
Our recent studies have shown that our current offering does not meet the needs of a large category of clients, the “value for money” clients which are looking for a reliable used car at a fair price.
With the ambition to conquer our fair share in the used car market, we are developing a new dedicated team responsible for trading used cars in Belgium and internationally. The objective of the trading desk is to provide quality sourcing of used cars to our existing distribution channels.
To achieve this objective, we count on our dedicated team of expert traders to identify attractive sourcing opportunities internationally, leverage our scale & negotiating power and purchase cars in bulk to create value for our distribution partners.
Our trading experts are supported by leading data-driven intelligence system and market analysts in order to take the best purchasing and sales decisions. Our trading team works in close collaboration with the distribution channels (dealership network, MyWay and Lizy), who act as a reliable eye in the market, providing us valuable information on trends and changes in customer preferences.
Expert trader function summary
We are looking for experienced traders, with a passion for the automotive industry and an excellent understanding of the Belgian and European used car market.
As expert trader, you will need to make important decisions quickly, autonomously and confidently. Essentially, you will be responsible for understanding demand trends, identifying attractive trading opportunities and negotiating best prices for and with our sales channels. You will liaise on a regular basis with our distribution managers and market analysts, as well as use your analytical skills and market knowledge to understand the latest trends in demand and supply of used cars in different markets.
Your work will involve analyzing market data, identify trade opportunities and finalize deals on-line or over the phone. In addition, you will be responsible for developing our network of preferred partners (factories, leasing companies, fleet providers) and build long-term relationships in order to ensure a constant flow of quality deals. Your work might involve international travel from time to time to attend auctions or connect with our partners.
Expert trader responsibilities
- Analyze market data to identify gaps in supply and demand across geographies
- Spot attractive market opportunities, negotiate prices and take swift purchase decisions
- Define market prices for the vehicles traded to maintain a balance between the margins earned on each car and stock rotation
- Oversee and be accountable for the financial performance of the deals you closed
- Regularly connect with our market analysts and distribution managers to continuously remain up-to-date with the latest market evolutions
- Act as the face of the company towards business partners and develop trusted connections
- Coach more junior traders to succeed in their job
Expert trader skills and competences
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the automotive industry
- Previous working experience as used car trader or purchaser
- Deep knowledge of the automotive industry, key market players and trends
- Hands-on experience with Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda and Seat models and specifications is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and take important decisions autonomously
- High attention to details in screening the market for attractive opportunities
- Assertive communicator and negotiator
- Organized and structured in your ways of working
- Data-driven, able to master financial data
- Ready to commit part of your revenues to your trading performance
- Fluent in English - Dutch, French and German are a plus
- A role with an important degree of responsibility and autonomy
- A dedicated role in a brand new business unit
- A competitive remuneration package, with a significant variable upside potential dependent on your trading performance
- A result-based but very fun company culture
- A perfect working environment with a highly driven and motivated team
- A flexible & collaborative environment