Business Controller After Sales | D'Ieteren Automotive | Kortenberg
D’Ieteren belongs to D’Ieteren Group, a family-controlled investment company, listed on Euronext Brussels (member of Bel 20 index) and owning 5 activities articulated around strong brands, i.e. Belron, D’Ieteren, Moleskine, D’Ieteren Immo and TVH.
D’Ieteren is the largest independent importer of Volkswagen brands in Belgium and has a history of 70 years of partnership with the brand.
With around 1.2 million vehicles on the road, D’Ieteren is the 1st importer and retailer of vehicles in Belgium and owns the largest car park, which represents a leading market share of 23,4% in 2021.
D’Ieteren manages a strong network of independent dealers across Belgium and operates dealerships on the Brussels-Mechelen-Antwerp axis. To complete its offering, the company sells used vehicles (My Way and Audi Approved+) and provides maintenance, financing and leasing services through VDFin, a joint venture with Volkswagen Financial Services.
D’Ieteren has been a major player in mobility for the last 200 years. This historical legitimacy positions D’Ieteren as a privileged player in tomorrow’s mobility solutions. Thus, D’Ieteren is going through a strategic transformation evolving beyond a retailer/importer towards a broader provider of mobility solutions. Committed to mobilizing the future, D’Ieteren is continuing to develop a wider catalogue of products and services linked to mobility, going far beyond marketing and selling vehicles.
D’Ieteren’s vision is to ‘Improve the lives of citizens through fluid, accessible and sustainable mobility’. The transition from selling vehicles to offering mobility solutions requires a significant shift in mindset and a relentless focus on customer experience and satisfaction.
D’Ieteren employs about 2.000 people. In 2021, D’Ieteren posted a turnover of €3.2 billion and the Adjusted operating result reached €102.7 million.
The Import business is split into several scopes, among which the Aftersales business unit covering the import and distribution of spare parts and accessories, the weCare products as well as the services provided to the dealers network. The Aftersales business has a turnover of €200+ millions, generating a double digit EBITDA margin and relying on the large and growing car parc of D’Ieteren brands.
Aftersales is looking for a Business Controller to support the execution of its ambitious business plan as well as the transformation and professionalization of its finance function. The Business Controller will have a dotted line with the Managing Director of Aftersales and a solid line with the Finance Head of Import business. The Business Controller will be the finance arm of the Aftersales Management Committee and will play a key role to further develop the controlling mindset. She/he will rely on one teammate as well as the Finance forces within D’Ieteren, including the Group Controlling and Accounting teams.
The Business Controller Aftersales will act as a true business partner for the various stakeholders in the business unit, will provide in-depth and actionable analysis for strategic planning, whilst ensuring control on all aspects of financial risk management. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned finance profile to drive all angles of performance and impact directly the business unit growth. The role will require an individual that has a strong sense of purpose, intellectual curiosity, change management experience and an ability to manage a diverse slate of stakeholders in order to address the forthcoming and exciting challenges (electrification of the car park, loyalty of the network, development of weCare, dynamic pricing,…).
- Supporting the management in the achievement of Aftersales growth targets, performance improvement and planned financial results and cashflows
- Providing the stakeholders with periodic and appropriate information
- Managing closing, budget & forecast cycles
- Organizing and generating the relevant reports and KPIs, executing all necessary analysis, giving recommendations to the management and preparing action plans on improvements or corrections of the financial performance, benchmarking, sensitivity analysis, achievement of cashflows improvement or corrections
- Developing business cases to support the business transformation
- Working in close collaboration with the Group Controlling and Accounting teams to continuously improve processes and implement best practices
- Education & certification / license credentials
- Master in Applied Economics or equivalent
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English
- Functional competencies - skills, knowledge & experience
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience
- Audit background is a plus
- Solid controlling skills
- Familiar with key concepts: LFL vs expansion, volume vs price, gross margin analysis, Zero Based Budget, activity based costing, working capital, cash flow generation, opex vs capex,…
- Strong affinity with IT systems: SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, PowerBI, Analysis,…
- Behavioural competencies
- Strong Analytical and influencing skills
- Agile learner and comfortable operating within an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Excellent business capabilities with genuine ideas regarding how to best grow the business and leverage the opportunities
- Ability to fit and adhere to the family-owned culture, capacity to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Passionate about figures, curious, organized, rigorous, ready to roll up her/his sleeves, hands-on, sense of priorities, hard worker, can-do attitude, autonomous