Strategic Project Manager | Volkswagen D'Ieteren Finance | Louvain
At D’Ieteren, we have brought fluid mobility to our clients for the past 215 years. A genuine experience, with multimodal innovation at full speed. To do so, we count on the best skills of the brightest minds, filled with motivation and ambition, taking the lead and innovating non-stop.
We tackle mobility challenges with tons of experience and great knowhow. With a passion for technique that has always characterized our 100% Belgian company. Move the country with us. Make your move. Moving people forward. Towards the future of healthy, innovative mobility.
VDFin’s entrepreneurial spirit and innovative ambitions make it the model of diversity and evolution within the fast changing automotive landscape. We constantly search for and create added value for our customers, dealers, brands, suppliers and shareholders.
To support our ambitions of being a market-leading MaaS, vehicle funder and fleet management company, VDFin is looking for a new way of leading its Strategic Projects. The Strategic Project Manager will demonstrate the right attitudes, the reliable skills and will be eager to deliver measurable impacts.
Goal of the function
The Strategic Project Manager (SPM) is part of the Business Transformation Office and is responsible for the delivery of multiple impactful projects initiated to deliver major improvements in a variety of business areas.
The SPM is the lead role in driving positive changes throughout VDFin and is accountable for projects delivery, securing sustainable business benefits and sharing best practices throughout the business. The SPM sets the appropriate governance and culture on projects in order to create a clear and ambitious cadence. He/She is responsible for growing the skills of the project team members in delivering robust, sustainable and customer centric solutions while ensuring the desired Projects outcomes are measurable and profitable.
VDFin is less concerned about the methodology (Agile, Prince II, Six Sigma etc) but is very excited about the results effective Project Management can deliver.
- Translate strategic expectations to realistic projects and bring together the relevant stakeholders throughout the group
- Hands-on leader owning, shaping and delivering strategic projects across the business (for example ‘digitalization’ or ‘multi brand’)
- Ensure a highly robust VDFin Projects Governance structure and create consistency of approach across VDFin Projects
- Identify core processes for improvement and the measures/KPIs you will use to manage them, recognise projects opportunities and ways to fasten the transformation to reach our vision, and present those through the right set of tools (Process flow charts, Project charters, Business Cases, etc.)
- Understand the relationships between operational effectiveness, corporate strategy, client satisfaction and business growth under a defined budget
- Follow-up on the progress of projects and present results to the Management Committee at strategic meetings
- Have a 360° view over the core business of the company
- Lead SteerCo with clear and impactful presentations which enables stakeholders to make the right decisions
- Supervise and be a mentor/coach for the project team
- Positively engage with VDFin Management, setting the pace and direction of successful Projects Delivery
- Establish a visible role within VDFin as both a Subject Matter Expert and Inspirational leader of positive change throughout the business
- Make sure change management and communication are impactful and helps to manage resistances
- Develop a strong sense of collaboration, celebrate success and empower the project team
- You are a dynamic person who wants to boost his/her career with and outspoken challenging position with impact
- You have a business-oriented positive mindset, are open-minded, ready to challenge the status quo, and a real team player
- You have a proven track record of leading (change) Projects (special ability to see potential arising problems and you are solutions minded)
- You have the ability to work with and communicate at all levels within an organization, developing excellent stakeholder relationships
- You understand and are able to develop business cases and demonstrate robust consideration for all key business drivers (Very good knowledge of Excel)
- You can make to the point and clear presentations that are impactful (mastering PowerPoint and communication)
- A successful experience as consultant in a Big-4, strategy consulting firm or similar is considered as a strong asset.
- Basic knowledge of automotive and/or financial services markets is a plus
- You are fluent (spoken and written) in English, French and Dutch
- Our ‘DRIVE’ values (Delight your customer – Be Reliable – Inspire and be inspired – Value cooperation – Enjoy the future) find an echo in your daily way of working and collaborating.
In exchange for these qualities we offer you a role with a wide scope, a high visibility and exposure to executive management with career possibilities and chance to grow, an attractive salary with numerous supplementary advantages like a company car, a fuel card and the opportunity to evolve in a tone-setting company to drive the transformation of the Belgian automotive-sector.