M&A Associate | D'Ieteren Auto | Brussels
M&A Associate – D’Ieteren Auto – Brussels
As official importer of brands like Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Yamaha, D’Ieteren is the undisputed market leader in Belgium.
Driving, moving around and forward: our modes of transport are in revolution. The number of journeys remains stable, but the variety of transport solutions is growing rapidly. In addition to its import activities, D'Ieteren Auto is committed in the development of new services and solutions for becoming a major player in the European mobility of tomorrow.
D’Ieteren Auto has decided to strengthen its competences in M&A in order to support its businesses in their merger, acquisitions, divestments and joint ventures.
The M&A associate will be part of the Transformation Office, the central team responsible for supporting the implementation of D’Ieteren Auto’s strategic projects.
The M&A associate will be responsible for:
- Strategic analysis of investment opportunities
- Coordination and execution of potential acquisitions (coordination of all stakeholders, due diligence, financial modelling, transaction structuring, etc.)
- Coordination and execution of the post-merger integration (PMI) process
- Sourcing of potential acquisitions, joint-ventures, partnerships, etc.
- Operating and collaborating effectively with the management teams of activities
The M&A associate will report to the Transformation Office Manager and will advise the executive committee (CDDA) and BU Management teams on M&A activities.
The M&A associate plays a strategic role in the company’s strategic expansion and interacts mainly with:
- The Transformation Office Manager
- The Transformation Officer/CFO and CEO
- Other key stakeholders
- Management f business units in the context of a potential transaction
- Central finance & tax teams
- Central legal team
- Crporate M&A team (D’Ieteren holding)
Key Competences required :
- Masters Degree
- Minim 2 years of working experience in M&A
- Able to work independently
- Able to build good working relationships with BU management
- Able to clearly formulate investment recommendation (investment thesis, valuation, etc.)
- Strong business sense and outstanding analytical and finance skills, including financial modelling
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear and structured way in both oral and written form
- Ability to build strong working relationships with (senior) management
- Good knowledge of M&A processes
- Hands-on personality, able to operate in a challenging working environment and deliver on time and under pressure
- Willingness to get involved in different areas and to adopt new ways of working
- Basic understanding of automotive market is a plus
- Microsoft Office tools
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English