Junior Data Scientist | D'Ieteren | Kortenberg
Do you love working with data in order to reveal the underlying patterns that enables marketeers to make decisions based upon facts instead of gut feeling? Are you a firm believer in customers centricity… then we believe you should be our colleague!
As a jr. data scientist at D’Ieteren (the importer of Audi, VW, Skoda, Seat, Porsche) you will be part of the Data, Insights & Analytics team within our central marketing department.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end process of creating customers insights:
- Gather and prepare the data
- Collect and analyse business requirements
- Select the optimal modelling approach
- Build a statistical model or algorithm & evaluate it
- Develop Business reporting and ensure that recurring analyses have the level of automation that is required for a smooth process
- Prepare recommendations for the Brands and share/present results
- Help marketeers to translate analytical results into actions
Based on the insights you will generate; you will help your future colleagues to:
- Identify which customers are most likely to buy a new car
- Know how to improve our customer satisfaction
- Predict when a customer’s vehicle will require maintenance
- Invest marketing budget in the most effective channels & campaigns
- Define relevant customer segments based on behaviour
- ... there are so many new uses cases... What is your view on how customer data can be leveraged?
You will inspire D’Ieteren to use their data in such way that we can attain the next level in customer centricity. The future cars will be autonomous, connected, electric and shared … data is the oil that will drive them.
- You have a master’s degree in economics, computer science, statistics, marketing analytics, artificial intelligence or similar and a thorough knowledge of statistics and/or machine learning
- You are leaving University or had a first work experience
- Good knowledge of programming languages as R / Python/ etc. and BI tools (Power BI etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Databricks and GIT are a plus
- You have sharp analytical capabilities combined with the ability to develop and transform concepts into pragmatic solutions
- Customer centric and market-oriented mindset
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good communication skills (French or Dutch with correct level in the second language); able to interact with all levels in the organization
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Organized, pro-active and drive for excellence
- Pragmatic & can-do attitude
- Team player