Head of Internal Audit | D'Ieteren Auto | Brussels
D’leteren Auto is a Belgian company with over 2,000 employees, turning over €3.6m in 2019. The company comprises around 40 corporate bodies that allow it to provide a wide range of services throughout Belgium.
As part of its more than 70-year relationship with the Volkswagen Group, D’leteren Auto imports and distributes Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche vehicles – as well as spare parts and accessories – across Belgium. D’leteren Auto also offers long-term leasing services and a full range of automotive financing solutions through a joint subsidiary between D’leteren and Volkswagen Financial Services.
D’leteren Auto positions itself as a key player in mobility-related societal change. In a rapidly-changing world, we continue to prepare for the future. And we want tomorrow’s mobility to be smooth, sustainable and accessible to help improve your daily life. With this in mind, D’leteren Auto created a Lab Box with the main objective of developing projects in preparation for the mobility of tomorrow.
To join their Internal Audit department in Ixelles, D’leteren Auto is currently looking for a:
Head of Internal Audit
Your main role is to develop, implement and monitor the internal audit policy to ensure D’leteren Automotive’s (and its subsidiaries') financial and operational performance is met and oversee compliance with the company’s legal, contractual and ethical guidelines, while optimising the related processes and continuing to support the current strategy.
- You will contribute to the internal audit strategy by determining priorities and audit request needs, translating them into concrete projects in order to improve departmental efficiency;
- You will coordinate, plan and monitor the implementation of audits to ensure they are complete and effective;
- You will report on audit conclusions, action plans implemented and results to the management (CEO) and Audit Committee so they are kept up to date and provided with the information they need to make decisions;
- You will optimise, develop and implement procedures, guidelines, audit tools and reporting structures to guarantee the company’s processes comply with audit legislation;
- In your analyses, you will take into account the changing needs of the client base and the sector, while integrating these requirements into your different projects;
- You will supervise, instruct and assess the members of your 4-person team to improve their performance, development and motivation;
- As our internal audit specialist for internal and external contacts, you will be the contact person for internal and/or external clients, dealing with their complaints and answering questions to guarantee the quality of service and strengthen the image of D’leteren Automotive as an organisation;
- You will be the internal point of reference for audits, interacting frequently with members of the Executive Committee, our CEO, CFO and all D’leteren Auto departments, while maintaining regular contact with external industry players.
- You have proven, extensive experience in auditing (> 10-15 years’ experience) at major companies
- You have experience in team and programme management
- You have a thorough grounding in management/audit
- You are comfortable with audit databases (e.g. TeamCentral)
- You are able to quickly understand company strategy and the challenges of a corporation comprising multiple subsidiaries
- Knowledge of import, sales or logistics is an asset
- You are capable of instilling a risk management culture in a business environment
- You are known for your interpersonal skills, systematic thinking, listening skills, excellent critical awareness and analytical skills
- You are results oriented and like working to targets
- You are known for your integrity and human leadership
- You have strong spoken and written communication skills
- You speak French, Dutch and English
What we offer:
- Join an iconic, market-leading Belgian company with high ambitions for the future of mobility.
- Join a company with the means to realise its goals.
- Acquire a strategic position with great responsibilities within the organisation.
- Work in a pleasant, multilingual and challenging working environment.
- An attractive salary package commensurate with your experience.