Data Scientist | D'Ieteren Auto | Brussels
Do you love working with data in order to reveal the underlying patterns that enables our Brands to make decision based upon facts instead of gut feeling? Are you firm believer that data driven decisions can push the business forward … then we believe you should be our colleague!
As a data scientist at D’Ieteren (the importer of Audi, VW, Skoda, Seat, Porsche) in the Business Support team, you will be part of the the Tactical Spending Excellence team.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end process of creating customers insights:
- Gather and prepare the data
- Collect and analyze business requirement
- Select the optimal modelling approach
- Build the statistical model & evaluate it
- Develop Business reporting and ensure recurring analyses have the level of automation that is required for a smooth process
- Prepare recommendations for the Brands and share / present results
- Support Brands in translating analytical results into action plans
Thanks to the insights you will generate, you will help your future colleagues to:
- Identify competitor’s strategies in terms of tactical spending
- Better understand commercial dynamism within our brands
- Track main KPI’s and have a 360° view on their Business data
- Predict customer behavior and sensitiveness towards commercial actions
- Find opportunities to improve Tactical Spending
- Invest tactical budget in the most effective commercial campaigns
- ... there are so many new uses cases... What is your view on how Tactical Spending can be optimized ?
You will inspire D’Ieteren to use their data so we can attain excellence in Tactical Spending. The future of D’Ieteren will be customer centric and data driven … and this future starts now.
- You have a master degree in economics, computer science, statistics, marketing analytics, or similar and a thorough knowledge of statistics and/or machine learning
- You have 2 to 7 years’ experience as data scientist
- Good knowledge of analytical tools as SAS / R / Python/ etc. and BI tools (Power BI etc.)
- You have sharp analytical capabilities combined with the ability to develop and transform concepts into pragmatic solutions
- Customer centric and market oriented mindset
- Strong interpersonal and influencing
- Good communications skills (French or Dutch with correct level in the second language); able to interact with all levels in the organization
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Organized, pro-active and drive for excellence
- Pragmatic & can-do attitude
- Team player