Business Controller | D'Ieteren | Brussels
D’Ieteren Group, a family-controlled investment company listed on Euronext Brussels (and a member of the Bel 20 index), owns six activities centered around strong brands: Belron, D’Ieteren, Moleskine, D’Ieteren Immo, TVH & PHE.
D’Ieteren, with a 70-year history of partnership with Volkswagen, is the largest independent importer of Volkswagen brands in Belgium. With approximately 1.2 million vehicles on the road, D’Ieteren is the leading importer and retailer of vehicles in Belgium, boasting the largest car park and commanding a market share of 22.3% in 2022.
In addition to managing a robust network of independent dealerships across Belgium, D’Ieteren operates dealerships along the Brussels-Mechelen-Antwerp axis. To further enhance its offerings, the company sells used vehicles through My Way and Audi Approved+, and provides maintenance, financing, and leasing services via VDFin, a joint venture with Volkswagen Financial Services.
With a legacy spanning 200 years, D’Ieteren has been a prominent player in the mobility sector. As the company evolves beyond a retailer/importer, it is transitioning into a comprehensive provider of mobility solutions. This strategic transformation entails developing an extensive catalogue of products and services that go beyond the traditional marketing and selling of vehicles, with a vision to "Improve the lives of citizens through fluid, accessible, and sustainable mobility." This shift requires a customer-centric mindset and an unwavering focus on customer experience and satisfaction.
D’Ieteren, employing approximately 2,000 people, reported a turnover of €3.6 billion in 2022, with an adjusted result of €150.2 million for around 50 entities to be consolidated. The company is currently seeking a Business Controller for its headquarters in Brussels.
As a Business Controller, reporting directly to the Head of Controlling, you will be involved in a wide variety of financial analysis and projects, playing a pivotal role in the company's financial decision-making. Besides the usual controlling tasks for a specific perimeter, you will also provide invaluable support to our FP&A department, driving the financial success of the organization. Additionally, the role has a strong project dimension on diverse financial subjects.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented professional to join a fast-evolving Belgian company with concrete career opportunities.
You will have a central role in our finance team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Controlling activities for a specific perimeter composed of several scales-up (~50%)
- Perform comprehensive financial analysis, providing valuable insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Manage and optimize financial processes within your designated area of responsibility
- Monthly reporting and presentations to the top management
- Perform variance analysis, comparing actuals vs budgets and forecasts
- Develop business cases and strategical plans, in collaboration with the top management
- Continuously optimize processes and tools
- Coach local teams on various financial topics, including IFRS, cash flows, and ESG considerations
- Support the FP&A team (~20%)
- Collaborate closely with the FP&A department to ensure accurate budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Perform variances and financial analysis for both consolidated and business unit figures (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, working capital,…)
- Participate in the group financial reporting process
- Perform specific analysis and propose recommendations to improve processes at all levels of the organization
- Be part of several business-as-usual projects: acquisitions integration, divestments, …
- Lead and contribute to various financial projects, leveraging your expertise to achieve successful outcomes, particularly for your perimeter (~30%)
- New ERP roll-out
- Implementation of our new EPM tool across the group
- Working capital improvement
- ESG reporting requirements
- But also, proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and cost optimization
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record in financial analysis and controlling (> 5 years)
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Innovative and open to changes
- Good eye for details
- Affinity with IT system : Office, SAP, …
- Team player, ability to work with decentralized teams in a supportive way
- Results-oriented, capable of managing complex projects and working under pressure
- Passionate about figures, ready to roll up her/his sleeves, hands-on with a can-do attitude
- Fluent in French and/or Dutch, with a good knowledge of the second language, and English
- COLLABORATION : we work together as one team
- RESPONSIBILITY: we care for society
- CARE: we care for our people and customers
- ENTHUSIASM: we fuel passion
- PIONEER: we pave new ways
What We Offer:
- Exciting opportunity to join a growing company with concrete career opportunities
- High exposure to top management and involvement in financial decision-making
- Opportunity to participate in financial transformation projects and contribute to the company's growth with your direct impact
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment with a culture of excellence and innovation
- Competitive compensation and attractive benefits